Time-Saving Tip: Set it and forget it!
19 Jun 2013
- I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard someone say, “Summer used to be a slower time of year.” It seems that for many people, summer is busier than ever. That’s why we thought we’d share some of our favorite time-saving tips to help you stay calm, cool and collected this summer and all year-round.
- Time-Saving Tip: Set it and forget it!
- Automating as many of the mundane tasks we all have to take care of is an easy way to save time and mental energy. This might be anything from setting up automatic bill-paying or membership renewal to using pre-printed grocery lists and email reminders for recurring or infrequent tasks. Doing so helps you avoid re-inventing the wheel and also relieves the stress of needing to remember to take care of these tasks. If you’re worried about putting things like bill-paying on auto-pilot, a few simple steps can help keep this time and worry-saver from back-firing:
- 1. Maintain an account balance that’s high enough to handle your automatic payments.
- 2. Know how to log into your account on-line. This means saving your username and password (or a hint) in a safe place.
- 3. Sign up for email notifications when your monthly statement is ready. This email should be your trigger to log-in and review your statement.
- If you find yourself doing something over and over again, like writing a reminder, scrambling to log-in to pay your account or writing out a packing list for the third time this summer, consider whether there’s an easier way. Automating your to-do’s can be a great way to reduce stress, save time and eliminate late fees from your life!