Last Minute Holiday Gift Ideas
18 Dec 2013
If you’re still shopping for holiday gifts, or haven’t started, a) you’re not alone and b) there’s still time to make it happen. The key is not to fall victim to buying random stuff that your recipients don’t need or want just because you’re feeling desperate. Desperation gifts can often turn into gift clutter, and who wants that. Instead, stay focused on gifts that are both easy to get and easy to use. Here are a few ideas that fit the bill…
1) Gift Certificate – While they sometimes get a bad rap for being impersonal, gift certificates can be a great way to make sure your recipient gets something that they really want! And you can make it more personal by getting one for a favorite store or a store that carries items related to a hobby or life event.
2) Gift Certificate or Membership to a Local Attraction – Think museums, aquariums, zoos, amusement parks, live music, and more. Experience gifts can really create lasting memories, will never clutter up your home and are often something the recipient wouldn’t do for themselves.
3) A Charitable Donation – This is especially great for the person who “has everything.” Pick a cause that’s near and dear to their heart and make a donation in their name. Some non-profits, such as zoos, even have gift packages that allow you to sponsor an animal. And you can often do all your research and the donation on-line, which makes this an extra-easy option.
4) Gift Certificate or Delivery from a Favorite Eatery – This can extend beyond a favorite local restaurant – think breweries, vineyards, bakeries, and even far-away favorites – they sometimes offer shipping of perishable items. Or consider an item-of-the-month club – they exist for just about anything. And many cities offer food-related tours – combining a great experience and local food.
5) Gift Certificate for Services – Give your family and friends the gift of some extra help – we could all use some. This could be anything from a salon or spa gift certificate, along with a few hours of baby-sitting, for a mom who never pampers herself to an errand service for those who are always running around town. And of course, we don’t know anyone who wouldn’t love a gift of some time with a professional organizer to help whip their home or office into shape for the New Year.
Happy shopping and of course, Happy Holidays!!