Tuesday Tip: Buying the Right School Supplies
21 Aug 2012
With August coming to an end, it’s time for Organizing Boston’s Back to School Series. Our goal is to help parents prepare their children for the rigors of the coming school year with some helpful organizing tips and tricks.
Part 1: Buying the Right School Supplies
- -Have a sturdy backpack; it’s better to spend a bit more on a backpack now than have to replace it mid-year.
- -Buy three ring binders, most teachers have three ring hole punches and these binders allow you to keep tests, quizzes, and homework in them easily.
- -Have a binder for each subject, with a separate color for each.
- -Buy your child extra pens and pencils, kids always misplace these.
- -Make sure your child has a calculator for math class; cell phones are prohibited in many schools.
- -Buy a good cell phone cover for your child’s phone, it may spend a lot of time in their locker or backpack if they are not allowed to have them out in class.
Stay tuned for Part 2: Organizing your Child’s Notebook