Do you love to organize? Do you see disorder and want to jump right in and fix it? Do you want to help people simplify and create order in their lives?
We are an established professional organizing firm based in Boston, MA. and serving the Greater Boston and Eastern Massachusetts area looking for Professional Organizers to join our team.
If you are a professional, confident, solution-oriented people person, who likes variety in your work and are looking for a part-time job so that you can balance family, school, or other interests, this could be a perfect fit for you.
This is a part-time position. Hours are flexible based on your schedule and can vary from 15-30 hours/week.
Every client engagement is unique. We work with busy families and professionals who want to better manage their homes, workspaces, time, tasks, priorities, and resources so that they get better results and have more time for what matters most to them. As a Professional Organizer, your goal is to engage with clients to help them identify their organizing and productivity challenges; create a plan that fits their personality, budget and goals; and work with them hands-on, one-on-one, or in a group setting to help them create organized systems, productive habits and efficient processes.
Apply Organizing Boston’s and other proven methodologies to help clients organize their home, office or move. This work may include the following responsibilities:
- Perform in-person consultations
- Create needs assessments and project proposals
- Hands-on physical decluttering and organizing
- Product knowledge and shopping services
- Move management
- Vendor coordination and supervision
- Digital organizing
- Residential space planning
- Closet and storage space design
- Paper and electronic records management and filing systems
- Teaching effective email management, time management and task management
- Prioritization, accountability and follow up
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience providing excellent customer service
- Proven ability to manage large projects effectively and efficiently from start to finish (i.e.: moves)
- Demonstrated aptitude for creative problem solving; ability to determine solutions for clients
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational ability and attention to detail
- Must be open-minded and non-judgmental toward clients with organization challenges: Ability to work with a wide variety of people and personalities
- Demonstrated professionalism, integrity, honesty and a strong work ethic
- Ability to listen, ask questions and understand client needs. Able to “read” a client/situation and adjust approach to build rapport, trust and credibility
- Ability to take charge of a situation, willingness to roll up sleeves, provide a hands-on approach
- Ability to work independently and prioritize
- Ability to perform physical tasks, including sorting, moving items around a home, packing, unpacking, lifting, carrying items
Hours and Work Requirements
- Project locations will vary daily. Most projects will be located in or near Boston or Eastern Massachusetts. Must have dependable transportation and be able to travel around the area.
- Must be open to working on the occasional evening or weekend as client need dictates. Most of the work can be completed during the “traditional” work week.
- Must have access to a computer and phone
Pay and Benefits
- $25-$30 per hour
- Flexible scheduling based on your availability
- Friendly, fun, team-oriented atmosphere
- Bonuses for new client acquisition